Return-to-Work Risk AssessmentsCOVID-19 (coronavirus) has changed the way workplaces must operate.
This potentially deadly virus can spread when two or more people are in close contact. Before you ask your employees to return to work, it’s important to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment. This will help you to protect the health of your workers and their families. A thorough risk assessment is a crucial part of an effective infection control policy.
Although not limited to the risk assessment templates, we have structured work in harmonisation with UK government guidance on working safely with COVID-19. This includes:
Infection Prevention & Control Products
An infection control policy for your business
£35.00 (ex VAT)Select
Infection Control Certificate of Best Practice
Reassure staff and customers – prove that you’ve implemented an infection control policy
£75.00 (ex VAT)Select
Return-to-Work Risk Assessment
Risk assessment tool with 1hr remote consultancy support
£150.00 (ex VAT)Select
Infection Control Policy, Risk Assessment & Certificate
Includes an infection control policy, a certificate of best practice, our return-to-work risk assessment tool and 1hr of remote consultancy
£250.00 (ex VAT)Select
- 5 steps to working safely
- Close contact services
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Heritage locations
- Hotels and other guest accommodation
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and Contact Centres
- Other people's homes
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
- Shops and branches
- The visitor economy
What to ConsiderBefore you allow your staff to return to work, it’s important to think about possible risks to their health and safety. UK government guidance states that employers should aim to "reduce risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures".
Here are some examples of what you’ll need to consider as part of your return-to-work risk assessment:
- Is it possible for your employees to do their jobs while staying at least 2 metres apart?
- Could any of your employees be working from home?
- Will employees be able to wash / sanitise their hands frequently while at work?
How ISO Accelerator Can HelpWe provide a risk assessment template as part of our Infection Prevention and Control Management System. This system is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses to prevent infection and protect the health of their employees.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made infection control a key priority for all organisations. In addition to carrying out a thorough risk assessment before allowing your staff to return to work, you must:
- Take steps to minimise the risk of infection
- Provide any PPE that your workers may require
- Train your staff to comply with new safety measures