As we announced last month, ISO Accelerator now provides a fast-track ISO 14001 certification service for organisations in the UK.
But what is ISO 14001 certification, and how does it benefit the businesses who achieve it?
What it means to be ISO 14001 certified
ISO 14001 is the internationally-recognised standard for environmental management systems. When implementing an environmental management system (EMS) within an organisation, it is usually desirable to apply for ISO 14001 certification, since this accreditation serves as evidence that you follow the correct processes and procedures in order to minimise your company's impact on the environment.
The benefits of ISO 14001 certification
As an ISO 14001 certified organisation, your company will enjoy the following benefits:
- Increased Consumer Trust - Customers and clients will be more inclined to choose you over similar suppliers, since your 'ISO 14001 certified' status marks you out as an environmentally-conscious choice.
- New Business - In addition to the above, some contracts in certain sectors are only available to suppliers with ISO 14001 status, so your environmental management system may well open some new doors that were closed to your company in the past.
- Reduced Waste - By implementing an EMS that conforms to ISO 14001 requirements, you will reduce wastage within your organisation, thus lowering costs as well as reducing your environmental impact.
If you would like to find out more about ISO 14001 certification (and how we at ISO Accelerator can help you to achieve it in the shortest possible timeframe), please contact us today.
Image courtesy of pixabay.com
Are you thinking of hiring an ISO-certified company? Before you do, it may be worth checking to ensure that they really do hold ISO 9001 accreditation.
In order to verify your potential supplier's ISO certificate, you will first need to request a copy of the certificate itself. Most companies will have no qualms about providing this - after all, if they've genuinely put in the effort to get certified, what do they have to hide?
There are a number of things that will give you a clue as to the validity (or otherwise) of the certificate. These include the name and stamp of an accreditation body, date on the certificate, and specific details on which processes and premises are certified. In particular, be wary of any certificate that is out of date or was not actually issued by the certification company named on the certificate (indeed, you may wish to contact the certification company yourself to check whether the certificate in question is a fake).
However, if the certificate was issued by ISO Accelerator, you don't have to worry about any of the above.
Check ISO 9001 certificate validity now >
Here's how to check the validity of an ISO 9001 certificate using our handy ISO Certificate Checker:
- Obtain a copy of the certificate in question.
- Go to iso-accelerator.co.uk/learn-more/iso-certification-checker and enter the certificate number.
- Click Check Certificate to find out whether or not the certificate is valid.
It really is as simple as that! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
Looking to achieve ISO certification for your own organisation? ISO Accelerator can help you to get certified fast - click here to find out how it works.
ISO 9001 certification doesn't have to be complicated.
If you're new to the world of quality management and ISO accreditation, it can all seem dizzyingly complex, but rest assured that there is an easy way to get certified with minimal effort and expenditure.
Here at ISO Accelerator, we aim to make ISO 9001 certification as fast and as easy as possible for small- to medium-sized enterprises.
Getting certified via ISO Accelerator means:
- No need for time-consuming consultation sessions
- Minimal resources spent to achieve ISO 9001 status
- Competitive pricing - save money on certification
The certification process made easy
In order to get certified via ISO Accelerator, simply follow these steps:
- Fill out our online application form.
- Work with us remotely to develop an ISO-compliant QMS (Quality Management System).
- Complete a Self-Declaration of Conformance to verify that you have implemented your QMS.
- Send the Self-Declaration back to us - we will issue your ISO 9001 certificate once we have received it.
Read more: How does it work and how long does it take?
If you have any questions about the ISO 9001 process and how our fast-track system makes it as easy as can be to get certified, please don't hesitate to contact us today.