It is a popular misconception that businesses must document absolutely everything they do in order to obtain ISO 9001 certification. Yes, there is a fair bit of documentation involved, but there's no reason to fear that your office will be buried under tonnes and tonnes of paperwork.
In fact, one of the objectives of ISO 9001:2015 - the most recent version of the ISO 9001 standard for quality management systems - was to streamline the amount and detail of documentation required.
Documents required for ISO 9001 certification
There are two sets of documents required for ISO 9001 certification.
The following mandatory documents are needed to obtain ISO 9001 certification and must be updated continuously:
- Scope of the quality management system (QMS)
- Quality policy
- Quality objectives
Additionally, the following records must be retained in order to prove that your QMS meet ISO 9001 requirements:
- Monitoring and measuring resources
- Records of staff training, qualifications, experience, etc.
- Product / service requirement review records
- Records of design and development inputs, controls, outputs and changes
- Characteristics of the product / service to be provided
- Customer property records
- Product / service provision change control records
- Product / service release
- Record of nonconforming outputs
- Monitoring and measurement results
- Results of internal audit
- Resilts of management review
- Results of corrective actions
- Criteria for evaluation and selection of suppliers
Different documents may be required if you are looking to achieve ISO 14001 or ISO 27001 certification. Contact ISO Accelerator for more information on these standards.
If you want to achieve ISO certification as quickly as possible, ISO Accelerator can help. Our online certification service eliminates the need for site visits and face-to-face consultations, helping you to save time and cut costs.
Get ISO Certification How It Works
Photo from Pixabay
Quality control is a crucial part of many industries, but none more so than manufacturing. A manufacturing company must have robust systems in place to ensure that their products are of a consistently high quality.
Because manufacturing firms live and die on the quality of the products they make, new companies generally don't wait long to implement a quality management system (QMS) and secure ISO 9001 certification as a mark of their dependability.
Why is ISO 9001 certification beneficial for manufacturing companies?
ISO 9001 is the global standard for quality management systems. A company that has achieved ISO 9001 certification can be relied upon to deliver high-quality products and services using efficient, well-defined processes.
In order to meet the criteria for ISO 9001 certification, a manufacturing company must have a suitable quality management system in place. The QMS should:
Have a strong customer focus
Involve the entire organisation
Aim to deliver continual improvement
Minimise waste to make all processes as efficient as possible
SEE ALSO: The 8 Principles of Quality Management
Obtaining ISO 9001 certification is a good way to get more business - getting certified proves the quality of your manufacturing processes to potential customers, and many businesses will only consider working with suppliers who hold ISO 9001 certification.
ISO Accelerator can help manufacturing companies to achieve ISO 9001 certification quickly and with minimal hassle. Click here to find out more about our remote ISO certification service.
Get Certified >
Photo from Pixabay
Implementing a quality management system (QMS) is a great way for an organisation to streamline and improve its processes.
Running a business is a very demanding job, and taking the time to formalise the procedures you follow may not seem like a priority. But a properly-implemented QMS will make the whole company more efficient, so you will more than recoup the time you spend on it.
3 reasons to implement a quality management system
- Get your team working more effectively. A quality management system provides formal answers to the questions of who is responsible for what within your organisation, what goals they should be working towards, and what processes they should be following to get there. This results in more efficient work with better outcomes for the customer.
- Boost your customer satisfaction. Customer focus is a key principle of quality management. Implementing a QMS will push you to understand your customers better and refocus your operations towards the goal of fulfilling the customer's needs.
- Waste less time and fewer resources. Quality management systems are designed to make all organisational processes as efficient as possible, minimising waste of all kinds - so you'll waste less time, less manpower and less money in your pursuit of maximum customer satisfaction.
READ MORE: The Benefits of a Quality Management System
How ISO Accelerator can help
If you wish to implement a quality management system in order to get your business running more efficiently, we at ISO Accelerator can help. Not only will we work with you to develop a management system that suits the needs of your organisation, we will also ensure that your QMS is consistent with the ISO 9001 standard for quality management systems.
Once you have implemented your QMS, we can help you to achieve ISO 9001 certification quickly, with no need for face-to-face consultations. Our remote certification process is fast and cost effective - for more information, see How Does Remote ISO Certification Work?
Contact ISO Accelerator >
Photo from Pixabay