Many companies who apply for ISO 9001 certification do so because they believe it will ultimately result in more business for them. ISO 9001 accreditation is a mark of quality, and if a potential customer sees that your organisation is ISO 9001 certified, that may very well make them more likely to choose you over your competitors.
But is ISO 9001 certification still worth pursuing in 2018? We live in a hyperconnected world these days, and with so many different marketing avenues - including social networking, search engine advertising, online video, and more - now available to businesses of all sizes, it's easy to assume that ISO certification isn't worth the effort. Getting certified requires a certain amount of time and resources - wouldn't it be better to funnel those resources into other channels?
Well...yes, we think so! And here are three reasons why:
Why ISO 9001 certification is still worthwhile
- It opens new doors. Many industries and organisations only work with ISO-certified suppliers. Achieving ISO 9001 accreditation could enable your company to take on all sorts of lucrative contracts that would otherwise be off limits.
- It makes you work more efficiently. In order to get certified, you will need to implement a quality management system (QMS) that effectively minimises waste within your organisation and ensures that everyone is working towards total customer satisfaction and the continued improvement of the company.
- It's still a trusted mark of quality. ISO 9001 certification is still a widely-recognised symbol of quality and commitment to customer satisfaction. Implementing an effective QMS and getting certified will set you apart from other businesses in your industry - and in this day and age, when Google can show consumers dozens of different providers at the click of a mouse, it's important to stand out in any way you can.
Get certified quickly and simply
The good news is that applying for ISO 9001 certification doesn't need to be the time-consuming, labour-intensive process it was in the past. Here at ISO Accelerator, we specialise in rapid ISO 9001 certification for businesses in the UK, the USA, and the rest of the world.
Certification is available from £695, and the certification process typically takes just 7 days. Find out more here, or fill out our application form to get the ball rolling.
The ISO 9001 standard has been with us for decades, but the requirements for certification haven't remained static since they were first formalised in the 1980s. They are continuously revised and updated, and every so often, a new version of ISO 9001 will be rolled out; when this happens, certified companies are given a set amount of time to transition to the new version.
The latest ISO 9001 revision is known as ISO 9001:2015. It was introduced in September 2015, and companies certified under the previous version (ISO 9001:2008) were told that they had three years to transition. The deadline for ISO 9001:2015 transition is 15 September 2018, so if your organisation hasn't already upgraded to ISO 9001:2015, you'll need to do it soon!
Further Reading: ISO 9001:2008 vs ISO 9001:2015
Is there another ISO 9001 revision on its way?
According to www.iso.org, "all ISO standards are reviewed every five years to establish if a revision is required".
However, this doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be another ISO 9001 update in precisely five years' time. Eight years passed between the introduction of ISO 9001:2000 (the first update of the new millennium) and ISO 9001:2008, and the latter is still in use even now, since the 15 September deadline for transition has not yet passed.
For the foreseeable future, at least, ISO 9001:2015 is the certification your organisation needs.
If you would like to implement an ISO-compliant QMS (Quality Management System) and achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO Accelerator can help you to do this quickly.
Image source: Pixabay
US companies can achieve ISO 9001 certification quickly with ISO Accelerator!
Here at ISO Accelerator, we provide fast-track ISO certification for small/medium-sized businesses who don't have time for site visits and quality consultation sessions. We are based in the UK, but we are pleased to say that we can also offer this service to companies in the United States of America!
Getting certified with ISO Accelerator
We are accredited by USAS, a world-recognised body that's based in the city of Melbourne, FL (see map above). Our USAS-accredited status allows us to provide an online certification process for organisations with 25 employees or fewer.
Whether you're based in the UK or the USA, here's what to do if you want to get certified:
- Get in touch via our application form.
- Work with us to develop a QMS (Quality Management System) that complies with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Complete a Self-Declaration of Conformance to verify that you have implemented your QMS properly.
- After we receive your Self-Declaration, we will issue an ISO 9001 certificate that's valid for 3 years
More Information: How Does ISO Accelerator Work?
For business owners with little time to spare and a strict budget to stick to, self-certification can sound like a very appealing concept. The benefits of ISO 9001 certification are well-documented, but wouldn't it be great if you could achieve ISO certification with low fees and no on-site consultation meetings or visits?
Wouldn't it be great if you could just...do it yourself?
The benefits of USAS self-certification
Here at ISO Accelerator, we help to small- to medium-sized organisations to get certified quickly and with minimum fuss. We are accredited by USAS, an internationally-recognised body headquartered in Florida, USA.
Self-certifying with ISO Accelerator allows you to:
- Apply for certification online
- Complete the certification process without any site visits / consultations
- Gain ISO 9001 certification in approximately 7 days
An easier way to get certified
Accredited self-certification really is an option with ISO Accelerator. We can help you achieve ISO 9001 certification online in the shortest possible timeframe. There are no site visits or consultation sessions required, and when successful, you'll receive a valid ISO 9001 certificate from ISO Accelerator (accredited by USAS).
A quality management system (QMS) is a set of processes that work together to ensure that quality of an organisation's output and improve overall customer satisfaction.
Many businesses really on quality management systems to keep consumers happy, but you may be wondering whether planning and implementing a QMS is really worth your while. After all, you're very busy, and your company already does fine - why waste valuable time formalising your processes and pursuing ISO 9001 certification?
Why would I need a quality management system?
But while it's true that implementing a QMS can be somewhat time-consuming, the benefits of will far outweigh the drawbacks if your system is well thought-out and fully compliant.
Here are just some of the benefits that a quality management system may be able to grant your organisation:
- Reduced Waste - One of the key aims of any QMS is to minimise wastage. A good QMS will save time that's currently being wasted on tasks that don't need to be done (or could be done far more efficiently). It will also help you to stop wasting money and physical resources.
- Happier Customers - Quality management systems are ultimately geared towards delivering the best possible outcome for the customer. Implementing a QMS should help you to meet your customers' needs and expectations more effectively, and happy customers are more likely to reward you with positive reviews, repeat orders, word-of-mouth recommendations, etc.
- More Opportunities - If your quality management system meets ISO 9001 standards, you will be able to get certified and advertise this fact to potential customers. Not only do the words 'ISO 9001 certified' inspire confidence no matter what industry you're in, certification is actually a requirement for certain contracts, meaning that your QMS may bring you business opportunities that would otherwise have been off-limits.
If you need help putting together a QMS and getting certified, contact ISO Accelerator today - we specialise in helping businesses to achieve ISO 9001 certification in the shortest possible timeframe!
Photo courtesy of pexels.com
Based in Gosport, Hampshire, Total Waste Removal provide a wide range of waste/rubbish clearance services. From general household waste to large appliances, scrap metal, and even old cars, they remove virtually all kinds of refuse, and their services are available all over Hampshire.
Total Waste Removal recently contacted the team here at ISO Accelerator because they wanted to achieve ISO 9001 certification as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Since we offer rapid online certification - with no need for site visits or consultation meetings - they decided that we were the company to help them do this.
And they were right! We're very happy to announce that Total Waste Removal are now ISO-certified, meaning that customers can have total confidence in the quality of their services.
Here's what TWR Managing Director Jim Gildea had to say about ISO Accelerator:
"ISO Accelerator is a great way to achieve vital accreditation!"
- Jim Gildea, Total Waste Removal
If you want to get certified quickly, fill out ISO Accelerator's online application form now to get the ball rolling.
Acheiving ISO 9001 certification isn't as simple as filling in a form or paying a fee in exchange for a certificate with your company's name on it. There's a process you'll need to follow if you want to get certified - here's a rough breakdown of what needs to be done, and how ISO Accelerator can help you to do it more quickly:
How to get certified
- The first thing you will need to do is plan and implement a quality management system (QMS) that meets the ISO 9001 standard.
- Next, you will need to confirm that the requirements of your QMS have been met. This can be done by a third-party certification company, or you can submit a Self-Declaration of Conformance to state that you have implemented your QMS properly.
- Once the above has been completed, your ISO 9001 certificate will be issued. You will need to re-certify periodically to ensure that you don't lose your accreditation.
How we can help you get certified faster!
Here at ISO Accelerator, we can help with every stage of the ISO certification process, from developing your QMS to submitting a Self-Declaration and gaining your ISO 9001 certificate.
We help small/medium UK businesses to get certified online. This process is a lot quicker than the traditional ISO 9001 certification route, since it involves no site visits and no consultation sessions. All you have to do is:
- Complete our online application form
- Develop your QMS (our quality management experts will work with you remotely in order to help you do this)
- Complete a Self-Declaration of Conformance as per step 2 above
Once we have received your Self-Declaration, you will be sent your ISO 9001 certificate. It really is as easy and as streamlined as can be - get in touch with the ISO Accelerator team now to get started.
Contact us today for assistance with ISO 9001 certification >
If you're trying to decide whether or not to pursue ISO 9001 certification for your organisation, you'll probably want to know:
How long will my certificate remain valid once I've got it?
The answer is 'it depends'. When you apply for ISO certification, you will have to go through a certification body, and different certification bodies provide different services. Most certificates are valid for 3 years, although some must be renewed annually.
Note that, regardless of how long your ISO 9001 certificate is valid for, your organisation will be subject to ongoing surveillance audits. These audits are normally carried out annually, and they serve to ensure that your quality management processes are still effective.
How long does ISO Accelerator certification last?
Here at ISO Accelerator, we provide a fast-track ISO certification service that enables small/medium UK businesses to get certified within 7 days (find out how it works here).
If you get certified via ISO Accelerator, your ISO 9001 certification will need to be renewed once a year. Once you have received your certificate, you will need to pay an annual re-certification fee to retain your certified status. However, as long you continue to meet the conditions of ISO and your own quality management system, you will remain certified indefinitely. (Bear in mind that the ISO 9001 standard is revised every 6-8 years; you will need to migrate to the latest version of the standard each time this happens.)
For more information about the costs involved in getting certified via ISO Accelerator, please see our How Much Does it Cost? page.
Get certified with ISO Accelerator >
Image source: pexels.com
We at ISO Accelerator frequently help very large organisations to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification, but getting certified can be hugely beneficial for small enterprises, too. The ISO 9001 standard is designed to be applicable at any level, so whether your business is a multinational mega-corporation or a one-person consultancy based in your own home, you can achieve ISO certification and enjoy the benefits of this globally-recognised accreditation.
Becoming an ISO 9001-certified business can mean:
- Gaining new contracts for which you otherwise wouldn't have been considered
- Retaining existing clients who now require ISO certification
- A clearer path to business growth
- Improved efficiency and reduced waste
The drawbacks of ISO 9001 certification for small businesses
Many micro/small businesses do not seek ISO certification because of the costs involved and/or because they don't have the time to spare. This is perfectly understandable - time and money are precious, and small enterprises can rarely afford to waste either.
But getting certified may not have to be as costly and time-consuming as you imagine. Here at ISO Accelerator, we specialise in helping UK-based businesses to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification in the shortest possible timeframe, minimising costs and making the whole process virtually hassle-free.
We also provide:
- Expert advice and support
- Straightforward pricing
- Everything else you need to get certified
We can typically get you certified in approximately 7 days.
How It Works > Get Certified >
Wondering whether to pursue ISO 9001 certification for your organisation? Getting certified takes time and effort, and many business owners are understandably reluctant to commit to this endeavour because, well, what tangible difference does ISO certification actually make?
In fact, there are many benefits associated with becoming an ISO-certified organisation. Here are just 3 of the most enticing reasons to get your company certified:
- Happier customers. Implementing an ISO-compliant quality management system will ensure that every part of your organisation is working to give your customers the best possible results. Making your customers happy will lead to a huge variety of other benefits: they'll reward you with positive reviews, they'll come back for more when they next require your product/service, and they might even recommend you to friends and associates.
- More business. In addition to the word-of-mouth recommendations that satisfied customers often give, ISO 9001 certification can itself attract new customers to your company. If a potential client is torn between two different suppliers, then it makes sense for them to choose the one whose quality has been independently verified. Furthermore, businesses in certain fields will only work with ISO 9001-certified suppliers, so getting certified may well open some doors that were previously closed to your company.
- Increased efficiency. A well-planned quality management system won't just improve the products/services you're providing for your customers - it will also streamline your processes, improving efficiency and minimising waste. This will save your business both time and money.
Other Benefits Include (but aren't limited to):
- Cost reduction
- Marketing opportunities
- Fewer returned products and complaints
Getting ISO 9001 certified doesn't have to be a mammoth task - Get certified online with ISO Accelerator!